BMus(Hons), Royal Northern College of Music
Jaqueline Bremar since June 2008;
previously Barbara Robotham at the RNCM
‘Mi chiamano Mimi was delivered with a captivating sincerity’
– Sunday Express
- Nedda (I Pagliacci) for Chelmsford Opera, July ’09.
- Ida (Die Fledermaus) in Opera della Luna’s highly acclaimed, new translation and production by Jeff Clarke, spring tour 2009 and 2010.
- Nella (Gianni Schicchi) for Stentorphon Opera, Bath.
- Dama (MacBeth) for English Opera Singers, London.
- Butterfly (Madama Butterfly) and Fiordiligi (Cosi fan Tutte) in staged excerpts for Opera Anywhere.
- Second Lady (Magic Flute) for Guildford Opera.
- Patty in ‘Inkle and Yarico’ for Opera East Productions.
- Paquette (Candide) concert performance with Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Amelia (Ballo in Maschera) for New Opera Company, Derby.
- Rosalinde (Die Fledermaus) and Santuzza (Cavaliera Rusticana) for Clarendon Opera, Nottingham.
- Mary (Mary O’Neill) by Nicola LeFanu, in stage premiere and live broadcast on BBC Radio 3.
- Female Lead (‘Pub Operas’) Barry Russell, UK premieres and tour.
- Lady Billows (Albert Herring) cover at RNCM.
- ‘Nuits d’Eté’ (Berlioz) with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- Solo recital at the Purcell Room, South Bank Centre
- ‘Chansons Madecasses’ (Ravel) at Altea Festival, Spain
- Soloist in ‘The Devils’ by and with Sir Peter Maxwell-Davies conducting the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra
- ‘A Mirror on Which to Dwell’ (Carter) with The New Ensemble, Manchester
- ‘The Last Night of the Proms’, Liverpool with LPO
- ‘Suite from The Devils’ (Sir Peter Maxwell-Davis) with BBC Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Maxwell-Davis concert performance and live broadcast for BBC Radio 3
Other performance experience:
- ‘Rake’s Progress’ (solo chorus) with Opera East at Iford Festival Opera plus tour
- ‘Elixir of Love’ with Opera della Luna at Iford Festival Opera 2007 and Stanley Hall Opera
- ‘Madama Butterfly’ (chorus) for Opera Box, Carmen (chorus) for Raymund Gubbay production at the O2 Arena
- A wide range of classical recitals, session work and workshops
- Featured singer for the new Tia Maria advertising campaign, 2009
- ‘Mack the Knife’ (Weill), BBC1 Breakfast TV
- Radio 3 – title role in the opera ‘Mary O’Neill’ (Nicola Lefanu)
- ‘Songs for an Open Mind’ (Bamford) with Psappha, soloist with English Northern Philharmonia conducted by Sir Elgar Howarth in concert performance and Radio 3 broadcast of new contemporary classical works
- Carlton TV – Mozart soloist in ‘Peak Practice’
- MTV – interview and film (‘Passion for Music’)
- BBC1 – soundtrack for Countryfile
- BBC Radio3 interview with Verity Sharpe, including excerpts singing Weill, Aperghis, and Alison Bauld
‘Mi chiamano Mimi was delivered with a captivating sincerity’ Sunday Express, June 2008
‘The role of the Irish maid Patty was strongly characterised by Ilana Jacobs’ ‘Inkle and Yarico’, Opera magazine, May 2007
‘…the memory of Greek myth came alive in Jacobs’s performance with the bronze clangour of amplified lyre reverberating against her own virtuoso vocal and physical choreography.’ (Solo recital at the Purcell Room) Hilary Finch, The Times